PTA is a grassroots organization made up of parents, teachers and others around the state who have an interest in children, families and schools. PTA membership is as diverse as Texas is in cultures, education levels and parenting skills. By joining PTA, a member becomes part of the largest child advocacy organization in the state with more than 600,000 members across Texas.
The Number One Reason.
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help Canyon Ridge. But there are many more advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fund raising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events—all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Member Benefits. The following companies make additional benefits available to PTA Members:
La Quinta “state-rate”
$85 or less in Texas, complimentary upgrades to king beds and multiple occupancy rooms, and a minimum 15% off outside Texas.
Aflac’s Accident Insurance policy is made available to members at a competitive rate. To apply for a policy, use the username and password on your membership card at www.txpta.org and click the Aflac link.
5% off when booked online
Member-only rates on auto insurance.
Schlitterbahn, Seaworld, and Fiesta Texas
Home electronics products are offered at special PTA member pricing, guaranteeing you the lowest possible price.
5% off at BarnesandNoble.com when using the PTA portal. Note: this discount is exclusive to BarnesandNoble.com and does not work at any store.
Note: Do not try to use your Member Benefit Card at the store.
It doesn’t work that way. Go to www.txpta.org and use the username and password on your membership card, or call 800.TALK.PTA!